Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Seriously....

Being in eighth grade has changed my life forever.

"Are you serious? Is this serious?" My third period teacher said to me after looking over one of the papers I had turned in. "Yes, that's it" I replied thinking that I had done a good job.
"I don't think so!" She said as she laid the paper back on my desk. "Seriously...This has to be the funniest joke I have heard from a student yet!" I was so surprised that she had dared to say that. People say that high school is the place that makes you or breaks you. I would have to disagree, I believe that middle school has a lot of making and breaking going on also. My middle school is a place where being excellent is not only requested, its expected. Our teachers push us so that we can have all the skills that are needed to be great high school student. I believe that middle school is where you are either made, or broken. Our teachers want and help us to succeed, but in the end, it's us, the eighth grade class to choose weather we are made or broken.



It's your choice:) Choose wisely

CAB

15 comments:

  1. Haha! I think that this is a great blog. It makes so much sense, and I agree with it. :)


    RLJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job. I totally agree. Teachers need to think how thier comments are taken from a students perspective because their comments sometimes come across as mean.
    ENH

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, but we also have to think where they are comming from. But yea, I totally agree with this one. High School may make or break you, but Middle School starts it all.
    ARG

    ReplyDelete
  4. I immensely agree with this post. Each day the work seems to be getting harder and harder, which prepares us for later on in life when we have to do extremely rigorous work every day. This post, I believe, portrays the amount of work we are EXPECTED to do each day. Great job.

    AMD

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I couldn't agree more with this post,but while our teachers may be a little hard on us they are just trying to prepare us for high school. Just think how easy some of the high school teachers will be since you will already be used to the way you are expected to behave.

    CES

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally agree with you. Where we go to school, we are expected a lot out of. The teachers can tell us our mistakes, but they could at least do it kindly. Middle is hard! Great post!


    KGO

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it's good that the teachers are being hard on us now, because when we enter high school it will be a whole lot easier!=)

    AL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post! I agree with everything you said, especially AL. The teachers are pushing us harder, so when it's time for highschool, we are ready. Middle school is hard, but it's almost over! KEEP GOING...:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great Job. I agree with you it is Middle School that can make you or break you. Great Job on that you really nailed it........





    MLH

    ReplyDelete
  12. nice job!thats very true! middle school is extremely challenging! In the end it will help us in highschool to have had hard teachers who expect alot from us.

    MHH:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I disagree with this post...I'm just kidding! I totally agree. Our teachers are being too hard on us. I'm not concerned about the hard WORK, but it's when they laugh at us that really makes me mad. Especially when they embarass you in front of the whole CLASS!! They need to think about how that makes US feel! Some of the girls from last year might know what I'm talking about.

    MBT

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree, it is not just high school that does that, it's middle school too.

    KGB

    ReplyDelete