Tuesday, March 3, 2009

How do you have time to breathe!?

Sometimes in life we forget where we are going, sometimes we forget why we even try in the first place, and sometimes we just lose our zest for living. That's me, RLJ; those are three ways to describe me. It's never fun wondering which road you should take, wondering how long it will take you to find yet another choice in front of you. Life is so crazy at times that you just want to forget everything, crawl in a hole, and cry/yell/be by yourself/try to breathe.
Being an 8th grader, or just being in school at all, gets very crucial a lot of the time. You get frustrated, tired, or just sick of having to do the same routine everday. The routine is getting up, brushing teeth, getting dressed, eating breakfast, going through 7 hours of school, and going home to do another 3-6 hours of homework. You also have soccer practice, flute lessons, choir practice, a brother needs help with a project, etc. You wonder when you're going to get a chance to breathe. The thing is, is that although we want to pull our hair and because we are so tired of the way we are living, we can always know that tomorrow is going to be a brand new day. Tomorrow doesn't have any mistakes in it yet. You have the opportunity to try again. Yes, you may have three assignments due on the same day, which believe me, I'm stressing over that right now; tomorrow you have a chance to "zoom in" to look at the tiny pieces (take one step at a time). Don't "zoom out" and look at the big picture (do everything at once).
It's sort of funny that I am sitting here telling you to do this, because I struggle with taking my own advice all the time. I just hope that even though I don't always take my own advice, that it will help you or someone else in need of a break in their life. Someone who is in need of a little zest for living or someone who wonders why they try, try again will finally be able to say "I have time to breathe!"


RLJ

2 comments:

  1. Your advice was really helpful and thought through. Also you wrote it at just the right time,tomorrow I have so many things due and so much stuff going on. It really helped me. Thank you for sharing! :)

    KGB

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with your post. It matches up perfectly with my life! I really need more time to breath. I like how you put it "zoom in" instead of "zooming out." I am really stressed out right now with the many projects due this month. Great advice! :D


    ~KGO~

    ReplyDelete