One thing that I have learned during Middle School is that my life is great compared to others. My family is a foster family, and I have had three foster brothers and sisters. Currently, I have a baby foster brother that is the prettiest baby I have ever seen. We have had him for a long time, and he is soon going to be adopted by someone. I think my heart is going to break into tiny pieces as soon as he leaves and goes to another family. The thing I have to remember though is that the family that gets him is going to be luckiest family in the world.
I am going to be honest- we ALL have a great life compared to some people. Being a big sister to those who have no family at all really has given me a glimpse at the orphan world. Once a month I go watch and play with a lot of foster kids. Seeing the little grins on their faces really humbles me because they are so happy. These kids have been through everything, such as leaving your family and suddenly being placed with another and then another. I think I would break under the continual change. I am so grateful that our family is able to help foster kids so that we can try to be the best family they will ever have. So when you think you have it bad, just realize that others have a more complicated life than we ever have. When you think your mom hates you because she grounded you, loath your sister because she took your shirt, or get mad when your brother is annoying you, just know that some people don't have any family at all. Whenever I'm mad or irate at my family, I realize that I should not be because a lot of people don't even have a mom. I think the whole process of being a foster family will really help with great leadership characteristics I will need to have later on in life. Sometimes it's not that easy though being a sister because we have to let go of the children when they leave.
AD
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I LOVE YOUR FOSTER BABY!!!! YOU SHOULD ADOPT HIM!! It will break my heart when he leaves too. :'(
ReplyDeleteMBT
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI needed that. There are times when I get frustrated with my family and want to yell at them, but I can remember that some other unfortunate people don't have any loved ones or family in their life.
ReplyDeleteRLJ
Your post is really good! I agree that it's important to appreciate your family and the life you live, because many other's don't have the same blessings we have! Good job!:)
ReplyDeleteAL
Hey just an update on my foster brother...
ReplyDeleteHe's leaving in a couple weeks. Are family is sad but we know he will go to a great home.
AD
Great job AD. You really touched me with your story and being a sister who is constantly losing her "siblings."
ReplyDeleteI have a lot of sisters, so I know what you mean.
We all will miss your foster baby... he was so cute!
AMB